A solid foundation…
Established in 2010 with a distribution from the original Prince Charitable Trusts of 1947, the de Ramel Foundation was created to honor and advance the original, nearly 100-year-old charitable legacy of Frederick H. Prince and his wife, Abigail Norman Prince.
An ardent supporter of the environment, science and historical preservation, the de Ramel foundation has an established practice of both local and national civic mindedness. Guillaume, sole trustee of the de Ramel Foundation, dedicates his time to continuing the work of his ancestors and ensuring a bright future for the next generation.
Guillaume is a direct descendant of the French political philosopher Montesquieu, a paternal grandson of Frederick O. Prince, mayor of Boston, Massachusetts in the late 1800’s, and great nephew of Norman Prince, co-founder of the WWI American squadron, the Lafayette Escadrille.
Guillaume ran for RI Secretary of State in 2006 (47%) and 2014 (49%), and his continued charitable and civic involvement includes:
- Newport Hospital Foundation, Board of Governors (2017- Present)
- Newport Hospital FHP Memorial Committee, (Chairman, 2009 - 2014) (Member, 2009 - Present)
- RI Hospital, Norman Prince Neurosciences Institute (NPNI), Advisory Committee (2009 - Present)
- North Country School/Camp Treetops, Board Member (2007 - Present)
- Providence Performing Arts (PPAC), Board Member (2014 - 2017)
- Int’l Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum, Board Member (2011 - 2016)
- WWII Foundation, Director (2011- 2014)